Recipe by That Napa Chicken Ranch
Used at Sweet Graces for frosting sponge cakes and light fillings.
Top Review by Marie
Absolute perfection! I used this to frost my Recipe #39404 filled with my Recipe #39522. Absolutely awesome! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe which will go into my "WOW" cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
Whipped Cream Part
- 2 cups chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Make Gelatin Mix:.
- Soak plain gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Dissolve by placing it in a metal bowl placed over a small pot of simmering water.
- Let cool.
- Prepare Stabilized Whipped Cream:.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream in a large well-chilled bowl.
- Just before it becomes soft and billowy, slowly add the sugar and flavorings to the whipping cream at the sides of the bowl.
- Whip the cream until barely stiff.
- Add gelatin mis all at once to cream during whipping.
- Stop whipping when the cream forms soft peaks.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
- Flavoring may be added (such as a small amount of mashed thickened fruit) as long as you add it before the gelatin sets up.
- Store the cake in the refrigerator until serving time!