That Napa Chicken Ranch's Note:
Easy and made from scratch! Be sure to use care when measuring out the ingredients and you should have great results. We like to add one of our lorann flavorings to the batter- our current favorite is cotton candy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: Place the eggs in a bowl of hot tap water while you assemble the other ingredients to warm to room temperature.
- 2Instead of buttermilk, you can use milk with a teaspoon of vinegar added as part of the amount.
- 3Heat the oven to 325°F.
- 4Line a 12 cup cupcake pan with 12 liners.
- 5Place the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a medium size bowl (I lkie to use one with a pour spout). Use a whisk (or a fork) and mix together well.
- 6In another bowl, place the eggs and vanilla- whisk together well. Pour in the sugar while whisking and then add the butter and buttermilk- whisk well until mixed.
- 7Add the flour mix to the egg mix in small amounts while just mixing enough to get the flour moist with no large lumps. Don't over mix or it won't be as tender as you might like.
- 8Use a 2-inch ice cream scoop (or a measuring cup) to fill the cupcake liner 2/3 full.
- 9Bake in the middle rack of the oven until the tops just start to brown. A toothpick should come out clean after about 18-20 minutes.
- 10Cool for about 5 minutes before removing cupcakes from the pan. Make sure that the cupcakes are completely cool (about one hour) before you frost or they will be crumbly!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grace's Light & Fluffy Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.0
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 51.0 mg
- Sodium 205.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 2.9 g