Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and made from scratch! Be sure to use care when measuring out the ingredients and you should have great results. We like to add one of our lorann flavorings to the batter- our current favorite is cotton candy!
- Note: Place the eggs in a bowl of hot tap water while you assemble the other ingredients to warm to room temperature.
- Instead of buttermilk, you can use milk with a teaspoon of vinegar added as part of the amount.
- Heat the oven to 325°F.
- Line a 12 cup cupcake pan with 12 liners.
- Place the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a medium size bowl (I lkie to use one with a pour spout). Use a whisk (or a fork) and mix together well.
- In another bowl, place the eggs and vanilla- whisk together well. Pour in the sugar while whisking and then add the butter and buttermilk- whisk well until mixed.
- Add the flour mix to the egg mix in small amounts while just mixing enough to get the flour moist with no large lumps. Don't over mix or it won't be as tender as you might like.
- Use a 2-inch ice cream scoop (or a measuring cup) to fill the cupcake liner 2/3 full.
- Bake in the middle rack of the oven until the tops just start to brown. A toothpick should come out clean after about 18-20 minutes.
- Cool for about 5 minutes before removing cupcakes from the pan. Make sure that the cupcakes are completely cool (about one hour) before you frost or they will be crumbly!
I am going to give these a shot, however, I must agree with the previous responder, there is too much salt, called for in this recipe, I will reduce it to 1/4 tsp..............i will add to this later this afternoon, after the cakes are cooled & taste tested........
I baked these cupcakes for my daughter's school, and she gave her staff forks and said,"You've got to try this!!" They loved it!! I loved this and plan on making more!!!!
Well, she doesn't tell you what to do with the 1/2 teaspoon salt, so I made the reasonable assumption that it goes in the batter (since all the other ingredients do). I think I was wrong because they came out a touch salty which is slightly unpleasant in cupcakes, as you can imagine.