Recipe by That Napa Chicken Ranch
Easy and made from scratch! Be sure to use care when measuring out the ingredients and you should have great results. We like to add one of our lorann flavorings to the batter- our current favorite is cotton candy!
Top Review by Gina L.
I made this twice because the first time the cupcakes were hard so I thought I might have missed a step so I tried again tonight but the same outcome, complete opposite of "Light & Fluffy". Though, I love how it's not messy and simple to follow.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs (see note)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter (melt and cool first)
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk (see note)
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: Place the eggs in a bowl of hot tap water while you assemble the other ingredients to warm to room temperature.
- Instead of buttermilk, you can use milk with a teaspoon of vinegar added as part of the amount.
- Heat the oven to 325°F.
- Line a 12 cup cupcake pan with 12 liners.
- Place the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a medium size bowl (I lkie to use one with a pour spout). Use a whisk (or a fork) and mix together well.
- In another bowl, place the eggs and vanilla- whisk together well. Pour in the sugar while whisking and then add the butter and buttermilk- whisk well until mixed.
- Add the flour mix to the egg mix in small amounts while just mixing enough to get the flour moist with no large lumps. Don't over mix or it won't be as tender as you might like.
- Use a 2-inch ice cream scoop (or a measuring cup) to fill the cupcake liner 2/3 full.
- Bake in the middle rack of the oven until the tops just start to brown. A toothpick should come out clean after about 18-20 minutes.
- Cool for about 5 minutes before removing cupcakes from the pan. Make sure that the cupcakes are completely cool (about one hour) before you frost or they will be crumbly!