Recipe by That Napa Chicken Ranch
These have just enough chocolate flavor to satisfy that "taste". Makes 12-16 cupcakes depending on the size of your pans.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs (see note)
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate (melt in microwave for about 10 seconds to just barely melt-then let cool)
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk (room temperature- see note)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Set the eggs in a pan of hot tap water while preparing ingredients- this will bring them up to room temperature.
- If you don't have buttermilk, use milk with a teaspoon of vinegar to required amount.
- Heat your oven to 325 degrees and line a muffin pan with 12 liners.
- Cream the butter in a mixing bowl with the sugars until well mixed.
- Add the eggs and chocolate together in a separate bowl. Mix this into the butter mix well with a whisk.
- Mix the baking soda & salt into the flour and mix into the batter a small amount at a time until each addition is just moistened. You don't want to overmix or it won't be as tender as it could be.
- Gently mix in the buttermilk and vanilla.
- Fill each cupcake line no more than two thirds full (this is easier if you use an ice cream scoop).
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or a until toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean.