Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came from my sister Grace, she lives in the south, and has been making this recipe for 15 years.
- 1 roasting chicken, Cleaned (you may use a whole cut up chicken)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 stalks celery, chopped finely
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 10 Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In Large pot put enough water to cover Chicken.
- Boil until tender and done.
- Remove from pot and place on a plate or in a large bowl and let cool.
- Adjust the water to simmering.
- Add Onions and Celery, and Biscuits to simmering water. Don't put the Chicken in yet.
- Let it cook.
- By the time the Chicken cools it should be easy enough to handle to take off the skin and remove bones. By the time you do this, your onions, celery, and Biscuits should be done,.
- Now add your Chicken to the pot.
- Now Add milk.
- When that is done add just enough flour to thicken (usally about 2 to 3 tablespoons).