A quick and easy chicken salad with the most awesome rice vinegar dressing! Great use for leftover chicken. I got this recipe from a lovely co-worker, Grace (she says she always doubles the onion amount). Best served within one hour of mixing. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles (do not use seasonings)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 4 cups finely shredded cabbage (1 small head- or buy a package of cole slaw salad mix- it has 5 or 6 cups already shredded)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- salt, to taste
Rice Vinegar Dressing
- 1Heat oil in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat. Crumble noodles (do not use seasonings); add crumbled noodles with almonds and sesame seeds to hot oil. Cook, stirring until browned (3 to 4 minutes).
- 2Lift out mixture from frying pan; drain.
- 3In a salad bowl, combine noodle mixture, chicken, cabbage and onions. Season with salt to taste.
- 4Mix together ingredients for Rice Vinegar Dressing and pour over salad; toss lightly until well coated.
- 5Serve within 1 hour of mixing.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grace's Awesome Chinese Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.7
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 39.2 mg
- Sodium 332.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 18.3 g