Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A quick and easy chicken salad with the most awesome rice vinegar dressing! Great use for leftover chicken. I got this recipe from a lovely co-worker, Grace (she says she always doubles the onion amount). Best served within one hour of mixing. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles (do not use seasonings)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 4 cups finely shredded cabbage (1 small head- or buy a package of cole slaw salad mix- it has 5 or 6 cups already shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- salt, to taste
Rice Vinegar Dressing
- 1⁄3 cup salad oil
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar (or distilled white vinegar)
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat. Crumble noodles (do not use seasonings); add crumbled noodles with almonds and sesame seeds to hot oil. Cook, stirring until browned (3 to 4 minutes).
- Lift out mixture from frying pan; drain.
- In a salad bowl, combine noodle mixture, chicken, cabbage and onions. Season with salt to taste.
- Mix together ingredients for Rice Vinegar Dressing and pour over salad; toss lightly until well coated.
- Serve within 1 hour of mixing.
DELICIOUS, Becky-thank you for suggesting! I made exactly as written except I omitted the almonds, I used pkg cole slaw mix, and I added some fresh ginger to the dressing just because I like it not that it was needed. Fast, easy, and flavorful!What a great addition to my special meal tonight-thank you again!!!
This is a really great recipe, especially when it is too hot to cook. My entire family enjoyed it. The salad is easy to prepare and it has a nice flavor and an enjoyable texture (we loved the crunch of the noodles). My husband and kids enjoyed the dressing, but I found it to be a little too bland for my taste. I will, definately, make this recipe again, but the next time I make it, I may try adding something to the dressing to give it a little kick.