Recipe by ambernova
QEDS: Quick, Easy, Delicious and Satisfying.
Top Review by anonymous23
I used three small bell peppers and no celery (I pretty much doubled the whole recipe), and I didn't have plum sauce, so I used peach preserves. Broccoli or asparagus would work well in this, too. It's a very versatile stir-fry, and I'll be making it again. Thanks, ambernova!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, ground
- 1⁄2 inch gingerroot, ground
- 1⁄2 lb boneless chicken, diced
- 2 stalks celery, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut
- soy sauce, to taste (kecap asin)
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon plum sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, roasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in wok.
- Fry onions till slightly browned.
- Stir fry garlic and ginger until a strong aroma emits.
- Add chicken, stir fry till cooked.
- Add celery, bell pepper, and water chestnuts, one by one.
- Stir fry for 30 seconds before adding next vegetable.
- Add sauces, stir fry to mix well, then serve immediately with rice.