Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the most popular recipe that I have ever served at a buffet for family or friends. It is wonderful, but really very easy. I always double the recipe if I am serving it as an appetizer, and triple it if I am serving it at a buffet party. Everyone always wants the recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup drained prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (30 ounce) jarsmall cocktail franks, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) jar ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup cooked ham, cubed
- 1 cup cooked small shrimp, shelled
- 1 cup cooked chicken liver, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) jarpickled mushrooms, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pickling onions, drained
- NOTE**The Tidbits can be anything that suits your fancy and taste.
- I have listed the ones that I use, but you can add your favorites instead if you like.
- Have all the tidbits at room temperature or warmer Make sure that all items that need to be drained from the jars are thoroughly drained.
- Mix the mayonnaise, dry mustard, salt, horsera- dish, lemon juice and paprika in a saucepan, and blend well.
- Heat on low heat, whisking occasionally, until thoroughly warm.
- Place in a large chafing dish and add the tidbits, stirring them in to distribute through the sauce.
- Serve with cocktail toothpicks to spear the tidbits.