Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very quick, easy way to start your day, especially with the nutrients in this recipe. The blueberries and walnuts are real brain food, so give this a shot next time you don't have time to eat breakfast.( I know I've said it before, I hate measuring. You can ignore these measures and just eye out your own yummy creation, change the fruit, change the nuts, whatever goes!)
- 1⁄2 whole wheat pita bread
- 1 ounce fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped
- Spread cream cheese in pita.
- Add blueberries, cranberries, and walnuts.
- Place on a micro-safe plate and heat for 10-15 seconds in microwave.
- Wrap in paper towel, now run so you won't be late for work!
Well, even though I wasn't in a hurry today I decided to make this with some leftover vegan cream cheese. Instead of microwaving I stuck it under the broiler for about 4 minutes, just till the top was golden and a bit crispy. It was awesome! I soaked the cranberries in hot water first, to make them juicier, and used chopped pecans- couldn't resist that combination! Thanks for an easy brekky (or snack) I'll definitely repeat!
Terrific recipe! I used all organic ingredients and my 4 yr old daugher and I loved it. This is such a great idea for breakfast as it requires no cooking whatsoever and actually, this would be great for lunch or any snacking throughout the day. Very nice combination of fruits and the walnuts are a must as they give it such a great little crunch texture. Thank you so much for sharing this easy, healthy and delicious recipe. You have so many great ones!!!!