Prep 3 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this off the goya can. Yummy.
- 16 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
I loved the balsamic vinegar and oregano in this chickpea salad. I made as directed adding 1/4t fresh pepper and no salt as I didn't think it needed any. Very nice salad that goes together very quickly and can be prepared ahead of time making it ideal of BBQ's, etc. I've made several variations on this salad and usually include tomatoes, but I found it was just as good without them. I did find the olive oil a little overpowering though. Made for PAC Spring 2008.
This was such a simple recipe but so good. I refrigerated it overnight and the flavors blended beautifully. I will definitely make this again!