Recipe by Member #610488
Thsi recipe comes from my grandmother's recipe box. The clipping said that this was a speciality of the Hotel Berlin in Moscow, Russia during the '60's. Updated to reflect modern tastes.
Top Review by Lainey39
This was a really different way to prepare steaks for me, but it turned out really tasty! This was an easy dish to make and good for something different. Made for Zaar World Tour 4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.
- 4 steaks (fillet or rump)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 medium onions
- 1⁄2 cup grated Velveeta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the 4 steaks and brown them quickly in the olive oil. Transfer them to a baking pan, season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Chop the onions and soften them in the same frying pan. Spread them over the steaks.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese and pour over the sour cream. Cover with foil.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350F for one hour, removing the foil for the last 20 minutes. Serve with plain cooked vegetables.