Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from a church cookbook.
- 1 medium onion
- 44.37 ml butter
- 44.37 ml flour
- 414.03 ml milk
- 354.88 ml shredded cheese
- 10 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 10 slice bacon, fried
- 354.88 ml crushed plain potato chips
- Saute onion in butter until tender.
- Blend in flour and add milk stirring until thick.
- Add cheese and stir unti melted into a sauce.
- In a 10x6x2 or 9x12 casserole dish make layers of thin sliced eggs, cheese sauce, potato chips and bacon.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- May be refrigerated and baked the next day.
friend made this and was delicious. didnt realize it was hard boiled eggs....cant wait to make this myself. thanks so much.
The Company I used to work for catered for special ocassions and this was alway's a favorite when we did Brunch. Great recipe and definetly a Keeper. I didn't know if anyone else had this recipe. I,m glad you posted this one so they have it now! Its 5 stars for sure.
THANK YOU for posting this!! My mother used to make an egg casserole every year for a charity event at our church (it was a "champagne brunch" so very fancy) and I have been looking for this recipe for YEARS! It is so good.