Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from the Garden of Vegan cookbook-these are one of the best cookies i have ever had. I made a few changes to the recipe to cut down on sugar and oil.
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 banana
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 350°.
- Make sure chocolate chips, maple syrup, and sugar are vegan.
- In large bowl, stir flour, sugar, oats, soda, powder, salt, and chocolate chips.
- In a blender, blend banana, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Mix the two mixtures together.
- Add more applesauce or maple syrup if mixture is dry.
- Spoon onto lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until they look done.
While I am not vegan, I do enjoy trying healthier recipes. These were surprisingly good. I had some doubts when dropping them onto the cookie sheet (I used parchment as well) as they seemed rather wet, but they baked up very nicely. I baked them in a convection oven at 300F and they were perfect right at 12 minutes. They are easy, healthy, and delicious---you can't go wrong there. I probably would have rated them 4 stars if they used a lot of processed ingredients, but the healthy angle here, I think, deserves that extra star. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Just excellent!! I will be making these for a long time to come! I used half the quantity of chocolate chips and half raisins. Next time I might cut back a bit on the sugar. Made 20 good sized cookies for me. You can really taste the banana and it is wonderful. I'm so happy these have so much fiber too. A real keeper! Anyone who sees this review shoulmd try them. Kids would love them. I baked on parchment paper for easy removal. Super fast to put together too because of the blender.