Recipe by s'kat
This was found in my mother-in-law's cookbook, compiled many years ago. My husband and I enjoy eating this fondue style. To keep it classic, serve on toasted, day-old bread; add a poached egg and bacon on top for Yorkshire rabbit.
- 4 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika, to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cheese and next four ingredients; set aside.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter, then add beer.
- When well-mixed, and back up to temperature, slowly begin adding in cheese mixture, 1/4-cup at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Serving suggestions: fondue-style; on thickly-sliced, toasted, day-old bread (traditional); serve on the bread, then top with a poached egg and diced bacon (Yorkshire rabbit).