Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This an adaptation of a recipe I found on a bread advertisement in Bon Apetit, created by BA Executive Chef Robert Cacciola. I don't use the bread that was being advertised, and I think my version is better!
- 2 slices good quality whole wheat bread, toasted. (I make my own)
- 1 tablespoon hummus (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 teaspoon pesto sauce, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 3 ounces good quality deli roasted turkey, sliced thin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 slice ripe tomatoes
- 1 slice fried apple-smoked bacon
- salt & pepper
- Spread one slice of the bread with the hummus, and the other slice with the pesto/ mayonnaise mixture. Top with turkey, avocado, tomato, and bacon. Season with salt & pepper and finish assembling sandwich.