Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Steak sandwiches are simply delicous when cooked on the barbecue, I have made these sandwiches many times, quick and easy!
- 4 sirloin steaks, thinly sliced 1 to 2 cm
- 2 large flat mushrooms, sliced into thick slices
- 1⁄4 cup fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- ground black pepper
- 100 g cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Spanish onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 8 slices bread, buttered
- Mix the olive oil, thyme, garlic and a little salt and pepper together.
- Place the steak and mushrooms in a container and pour over the marinade, toss them so that they are well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate until you are to cook them.
- Preheat a barbecue to moderate-high or grill or place a grill pan over a high heat.
- Place the steaks and mushrooms on the barbecue, umder a grill or on a grill pan and cook the mushrooms for 2 minutes on each side they should be tender and slightly brown.
- Cook the steaks for 2-4 minutes on each side (how long you cook them depends how you like them cook).
- To test how well done they are press the flesh the greater resistant the more cooked they are.
- When they are cooked remove them from the heat and keep them warm until ready to serve Place a slice of bread on each plate and distribute the salad ingredients on them, setting aside a few of the ingredients to garnish the steak with.
- Place the steak on the salad, followed by the mushrooms.
- Place the remaining salad on the mushrooms to garnish and place the remaining slices of bread on the sandwich.
- Serve with a selection of condiments.