Delicious! Tastes fantastic when made on the outdoor/indoor grill but it was great made this way, as well. Marinate for at least 1 hour or longer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (use original)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground coarse black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks
- 3 ounces Roquefort cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices red onions (thin slices)
- 4 -8 leaves red leaf lettuce
- 4 kaiser rolls or 4 pita breads
- 1Whisk together the first 8 ingredients.
- 2Then gradually whisk in the olive oil.
- 3Place the steak in a shallow dish and pour all but 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette over the top.
- 4Marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- 5In blender or food processor, puree the cheese, cream cheese and lemon juice.
- 6Transfer to a bowl and add the walnuts.
- 7In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 8Add the steak and saute, turning once, for 7 to 8 minutes per side(adjust time for doneness desired).
- 9Slice into thin strips.
- 10Toss with remaining vinaigrette.
- 11Spread cheese mixture on both sides of each Kaiser roll or pita breads and fill with steak strips, onion slices and lettuce leaves.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gourmet Steak and Cheese Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 983.3
- Calories from Fat 661
- Total Fat 73.5 g
- Saturated Fat 23.9 g
- Cholesterol 156.4 mg
- Sodium 1013.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 45.8 g