Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious! Tastes fantastic when made on the outdoor/indoor grill but it was great made this way, as well. Marinate for at least 1 hour or longer.
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (use original)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground coarse black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks
- 3 ounces Roquefort cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices red onions (thin slices)
- 4 -8 leaves red leaf lettuce
- 4 kaiser rolls or 4 pita breads
- Whisk together the first 8 ingredients.
- Then gradually whisk in the olive oil.
- Place the steak in a shallow dish and pour all but 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette over the top.
- Marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- In blender or food processor, puree the cheese, cream cheese and lemon juice.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the walnuts.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the steak and saute, turning once, for 7 to 8 minutes per side(adjust time for doneness desired).
- Slice into thin strips.
- Toss with remaining vinaigrette.
- Spread cheese mixture on both sides of each Kaiser roll or pita breads and fill with steak strips, onion slices and lettuce leaves.