Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
I like spinach done this way. It looks and tastes good. Even some "spinach challenged" people have enjoyed this!!
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 1 can mushroom, drained and reserve liquid
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Cook spinach using only the water used to wash it.
- Spinach should be slightly limp.
- Remove spinach and keep warm.
- Add 1/4 cup of mushroom liquid to pot and bring to a boil.
- Add some pepper, butter, onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Cook over low heat for two minutes.
- Stir some hot liquid into sour cream.
- Add sour cream, heat but do not boil.
- Pour sauce over spinach and toss gently.
Fresh spinach with mushroom in a sour cream sauce flavored with onions and garlic - a winning flavor combination. Because I was using fresh mushrooms, I started by cooking the mushrooms, onions and garlic in the butter before adding the spinach, salt and fresh ground pepper. The only thing I would do different would be to drain the excess liquid before adding the sour cream and maybe a dash of hot sauce. Thanks Tebo, It's a keeper!
The sour cream made it a bit too tangy for me, but I still enjoyed it. Very easy to prepare and it was really quick as well. Thanks!
I used fresh spinach and mushrooms. Since there was too much liquid, I disregarded the instructions to not boil the sour cream. It boiled down into a rich, thick sauce and my husband and I loved the finished dish.