1/5 Photos of Gourmet Spam Mcmuffin
The other day, I was doing grocery shopping. Walked down the isle with the Spam and it called my name. How long had it been since I had bought a can of Spam? In a moment of weakness, I picked up the can (less sodium of course) and placed it in the shopping cart. Once home, I pondered what to do with it. With an abundance of fresh tomatoes on the kitchen counter this sounded like a logical choice. The beauty of this recipe is you can make them 1 or 2 at a time and save the sliced Spam in the refrigerator for another day or make all 6 at once and share with friends and family. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the Spam into 6 even slices and place in a dry, non-stick skillet; cook until lightly browned, turning once.
- 2Place the tomato slices on a foil-lined cookie sheet, top with grated cheese and place under the broiler until cheese is melted.
- 3To assemble: Place the Spam slices on 6 of the muffin halves, top with a tomato slice, black pepper and a basil leaf.
- 4Spread the remaining half of muffin with Dijon mustard to suit your taste, place on top of all and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gourmet Spam Mcmuffin
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.7
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 42.8 mg
- Sodium 1059.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 14.7 g