1 hr 5 mins
Meaty tuna always goes well with a nicoise salad of eggs, green beans, olives and potatoes in a homemade vinaigrette. Plus, it's filling and healthy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb baby new potato, scrubbed
- 4 ounces fine green beans, trimmed
- 4 medium eggs
- 4 (5 ounce) tuna steaks
- olive oil
- mixed salad green (one bag, preferably with herbs)
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 20 pitted black olives, halved
For the dressing
- 11. Preheat the oven to 400°F Lightly oil the potatoes and place in a baking tray, bake for 40 mins or until crisp and tender. If you're short on time, simply boil them for 15 mins instead. Once the potatoes are cooked, cut them in half.
- 2Whilst the potatoes are cooking, blanch the beans in boiling water for 3 mins then drain and rinse in cold water.
- 3Place the eggs in a small pan, cover with cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 6 minutes Remove from the heat, drain, then rinse in cold water. Tap the shells all over and remove. Cut each egg in half and halve them again.Whisk all the dressing ingredients together and season to taste.
- 4Heat a large non-stick frying or griddle pan until hot. Brush the tuna with a little oil then add to the pan and sear for 2-3 mins on each side, depending on how pink you like your tuna. Set aside to rest.
- 5Empty the salad leaves into a large bowl and add the scallions, olives, cooled green beans and half of the dressing.
- 6Divide the mixture between four plates, scatter over the halved potatoes, quartered eggs and finally lay the tuna on top.
- 7To finish, drizzle a little of the remaining dressing over the tuna steaks and serve.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gourmet Seared Tuna Nicoise With Honey and Mustard Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.8
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 239.9 mg
- Sodium 347.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 41.8 g