Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a basic gourmet scone recipe. In this recipe, I am using strawberries, but you can use a variety of fruit(s) (blueberry, strawberry-rhubarb, currant, raspberry, peach, pumpkin, etc). Also, I tend to use splenda instead of sugar, since I'm splurging in the calorie department with the whipping cream!!! Extra treat: add some chunks of cream cheese to the centre of each scone. Yummy!!!
- 473.18 ml flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml sugar, but save a little to sprinkle on top
- 88.74 ml butter, cut & semi-soft
- 177.44 ml strawberry, sliced
- 118.29 ml whipping cream
- 1 large egg
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 44.37 ml cream cheese (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F
- Mix dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Add strawberries, or other fruit of choice.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and add in whipping cream. Mix well. Add lemon juice.
- Add whipping cream mixture into dry ingredients. Stir well, ensuring all flour is incorporated.
- Knead 6-7 times.
- Options: Either put on a baking sheet in spoonfuls, or you can pat the dough out into a large round. Using a knife, cut into triangles.
- Put scones onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with whipping cream and sprinkle on a little sugar.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes.