1/1 Photo of Gourmet Sauce for Beef
Next time you have roast beef, try this delectable sauce instead of brown gravy. Lower in fat and calories than gravy too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan blend hot drippings with flour (if you don't have 3 tablespoonfuls make up the difference with melted butter).
- 2Add mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and salt; blend well.
- 3Add consommé a small amount at a time, blending well after each addition.
- 4Stir in wine.
- 5Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- 6Cook slowly for 10 minutes.
- 7Add green onions and continue cooking 5 minutes longer.
- 8This makes appoximately 2 cups.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gourmet Sauce for Beef
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 690.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: