Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These rissoles are tender, juicy and very hearty. Great by themselves, in a burger or served with vegetables. You can even have them cold with a sweet chili dipping sauce!
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
- 1 egg
- 2 slices bacon, chopped, rind removed
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 20 ml tomato sauce
- 10 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 20 ml vegetable oil (for frying)
- Into a large bowl, add the all the ingredients less the bread crumbs.
- Fry bacon in pan until cooked.
- Mix with hands, ensure all ingredients are well mixed. Do not over mix.
- If ingredients is excessively moist, add some bread crumbs and mix through.
- Break into balls and flatten. Coat in breadcrumbs.
- In a heavy based frying pan, fry the rissoles until cooked.
- They should be cooked when the outside is brown.
- Do not cook on a high heat as they will burn and the inside will be raw.
These were really good thank you. I cooked the onion along with the bacon which worked well-no chunks of rawish onion. We don't eat tomato sauce (ketchup) so I subbed tomato paste and I don't think that affected the recipe.
VERY TASTY!!! I really enjoyed these. They're really yummy, great combination of flavours and beautiful aromas when you're cooking them - can't help but pick at one while you cook the rest! MMMMM, nice work Stew-It. Thanks!