Recipe by running rachel
This is a great rice dish that goes perfect along with chicken or steak.
Top Review by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
This was a wonderful side. Like something you would expect to be served in a very nice restaurant. Sauteeing the veggies and rice in the butter really infused the flavors into the rice. I added the spices and seasonings into the mix and sauteed for a few minutes before adding the broth so the oils would release from them into the butter. SUCH GREAT flavor! Came out beautifully! GREAT recipe Rachel! Thanks for sharing!
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 236.59 ml chopped celery
- 236.59 ml chopped celery leaves
- 113.39 g cansliced mushrooms, drained
- 236.59 ml uncooked rice
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine
- 473.18 ml boiling chicken broth
- 4.92 ml salt
- 3.69 ml poultry seasoning
- 118.29 ml sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet cook onions, celery, mushrooms and rice in butter until vegetables are tender and rice is golden.
- Turn into buttered shallow 2 quart casserole.
- Stir in chicken broth and seasonings.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 min, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with fork; spoon into serving dish; sprinkle with alomonds. Enjoy!