1/1 Photo of Gourmet Potatoes
This wonderful dish has been a family favorite since I was a child. I think I remember my mom getting the recipe out of the local newspaper back in the early 70's. It tastes like a loaded baked potato to me, only better! It is great for the holidays, especially the 'dairy' ones.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook potatoes in skins and cool.
- 2When cooled, peel and grate or shred, like hash browns.
- 3Preheat oven to 350. Butter sides and bottom of a large casserole dish or spray with cooking spray.
- 4Melt 1/2 cup butter in saucepan and add grated cheese. Remove from heat when melted and add the sour cream, chopped onion, salt and pepper. Stir completely.
- 5Add mixture to the grated potatoes and mix well.
- 6Place in buttered casserole and dot with the 3 tablespoons of butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until bubbly and golden-brown on top.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gourmet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.5
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 94.0 mg
- Sodium 653.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 12.5 g