Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From Food & Drink magazine.........so good & so easy!!!
- 6 russet potatoes
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 7 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
- 3 1⁄2 ounces ham, chopped (or crumbled bacon)
- 1⁄2 large red pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Rinse potatoes, prick all over with a fork and place on a bed of salt in a baking dish; bake in a preheated 400F oven for an hour or until just tender, turning once.
- After the potatoes have cooled slightly, cut in half lengthwise and, using a small spoon, scoop out the flesh, leaving about 1/4 inch of potato lining each half; brush the potato halves inside & out with butter and place on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with half the cheese, fill the potatoes with ham (or bacon), red pepper & green onions; season with salt & freshly ground pepper and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until hot & bubbling.
I loved this recipe, im new on this website, if someone could tell me how to post recipes that would be great.