Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you are a mushroom lover you have to try this sandwich! This is so good! I think my daughter and I could live off this sandwich! The mushroom stem was cut even with the cap and it cooked up fine. So you don't have to remove the whole stem.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large portabella mushroom, stem removed
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 1 -2 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 sprig parsley, fresh cut up
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- 1 hamburger bun
- Heat oil 1 minute in a skillet.
- Lay mushroom in pan and sprinkle with garlic salt, Worcestershire sauce, and parsley.
- Cook 2 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Cover pan, lower heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes.
- Place cheese over mushroom.
- Cover and cook until melted.
- If you'd like, clean out the gills of the mushroom, but this is not necessary.
Nice and tasty! I didn't have swiss so used cheddar. Wonderful flavor!!! I served this on whole grain bread with mayo. Thanks!
I would give this 10 stars if I could. Soooo Very Gooooood. I left out the parsley, didn't have any, but sliced a onion and sauteed until tender and put on mushrooms just before putting on the cheese. Thank You, Thank You. Dh and I enjoyed so much. A Real Keeper.
I love the cooking method of this mushroom - I have never cooked mushrooms like this before and it is great. The flavors were just a bit bland though. I think some fresh garlic and a lot more worcestershire sauce would be better. I will use the cooking technique as a staple though! Thanks for posting.