Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Ms. Stevens at Madison middle School.
- 4 pork chops, cut 1/2-inch thick
- 29.58 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.25 ml pepper
- 283.49 g can mushroom soup
- 99.22 g can French fried onion rings
- 177.44 ml water
- 2.46 ml ginger
- 1.23 ml rosemary, crushed
- Trim excess fat from chops. Coat chops with flour, salt and pepper. Cook until brown. Combine soup, water, ginger, and rosemary;pour over chops. Sprinkle with half the onion rings. Cover and bake at 350* for 50 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining onion rings and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
This recipe for Pork Chops is absolutely fantastic. Using good center cut chops is a key ingredient and the chops will be fork cut tender. I also think this recipe would work equally as well with chicken breast as well! Railroader Wilmington, NC
I usually don't brown meat before baking it but I did this time. The chops were browned in olive oil and come out of the pan golden brown. Fat free mushroom soup was used in preparing the sauce. Make sure you drop some of the onions into the sauce so that all the flavors combine when baking. You may think there is too much rosemary in the sauce but when baked it blends nicely together with the other ingredients. Thank you for sharing, I'll be making this often in the future. Oh yes, thank Ms. Stevens for sharing her recipe. Made for *New Kids On The Block 2009* game