- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum or 1 tablespoon brandy or 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 (8 ounce) can pears, drained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan, mix egg yolk, sour cream and granulated sugar.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Cool. (Store in refrigerator if not sing immediately).
- Stir rum into sour cream sauce.
- Place pears in 2 unreased 6-ounce baking dishes or one 1 3/4 cup casserole.
- Pour sauce onto pears, sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Set oven control at broil and/or 550 degrees.
- Broil with tops 6-8 inches from heat until brown sugar melts, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve hot or chilled.