Prep 5 mins
Cook 11 mins
- 5 medium onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Combine onion, sugar, salt, and pepper; stir gently.
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet; add onion mixture, and cook, stirring frequently, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in sherry, and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon into serving dish; sprinkle with cheese.
This was just fabulous! Had with flank steak, baked potatoes, salad and this was the perfect addition to the meal. It's a keeper for sure!