1/1 Photo of Gourmet Oatmeal Cookies
country girl kim's Note:
I've searched high and low for the ultimate oatmeal cookie recipe and finally, I've found the one that does it for me. These are chock full of goodies, have great flavour, are substantial without being a paperweight, moist and chewy on the inside, a bit firm on the edges. Cookie heaven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup steel cut oats
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate (chips or chopped up chunks)
- 3/4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 4 ounces dried sour cherries, chopped (can substitute cranberries)
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Mix all the chunky stuff up in a medium bowl. (That’s the oats, chocolate, cherries, and pecans.).
- 3Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in another medium bowl.
- 4In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar, till there aren’t too many lumps. Then add the eggs and the vanilla and blend. Add the flour mixture bit by bit, blending as you go.
- 5Then, fold in the chunky stuff. Don’t worry, it’ll look like there’s more chunky stuff that cookie dough, but it will work.
- 6Drop dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets, I like to portion out a bit less than 1/4 cup per cookie.
- 7Bake for 10 minutes, but if you like them chewy, take them out when the edges look done, but the middles don’t. They’ll firm up as they cool.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gourmet Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.8
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.4 mg
- Sodium 134.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried sour cherries