I believe i got these from Gourmet Magazine years ago. They are not a sweet muffin and perfect for breakfast with some jam/jellly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl with a fork, stir together well the flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and the salt In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, the cream, the milk, and the butter until the mixture is combined well.
- 2Stir the cream mixture into the flour mixture until the batter is combined well.
- 3Divide the batter among 12 buttered 1/2-cup muffin tins, and bake the muffins in the middle of a preheated 400° oven for 15-20 min.
- 4,or until they are pale golden and a tester comes out clean.
- 5Turn the muffins out onto a rack.
- 6Makes 12 muffins.
- 7NOTE: These are a good breakfast muffin.
- 8Not horribly sweet and wonderful with fresh fruit.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gourmet Nutmeg Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.0
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 476.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 7.1 g