Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Italian style risotto that is full of flavour! Great when paired with grilled steak, any chicken dish or fabulous on it's own!
- 3 -4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot
- 1⁄2 cup arborio rice
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 25 ml parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons white wine (Pinot Grigio or Sauv. Blanc)
- 400 g fresh mushrooms (any mix of oyster, cremini, button, portobello)
- In a sauce pan, warm the broth over low heat.
- Warm 1 tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan over med-high heat.
- Stir in mushrooms and cook until soft. About 3 minutes. Remove the mushrooms and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil and stir in diced shallots. Cook 1 minute or until soft.
- Add Arborio Rice and stir. Ensure evenly coated with oil. Rice will turn a pale yellow colour.
- Add the white wine and stir until fully absorbed.
- Add warm broth 1/2 cup at a time until absorbed. Process should take about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat - stir in mushrooms, butter, chives and parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with the remainder of the bottle of wine!
Yum! I love risotto and this was a great recipe. I was out of shallots so used some red onion instead. Thanks for sharing this nice keeper. Made for P-A-R-T-Y event.