1/6 Photos of Gourmet Mushroom Risotto
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
In college, my friend Angela and I went to visit her granny. She made this for us. It was the first time I'd ever experienced anything like it. It was delicious and her granny gladly gave me the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 lbs white mushrooms, sliced thin
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or white wine substitute White Wine Substitute (non-alcoholic Substitute))
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons chives
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat the broth over low heat.
- 2In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and cook the mushrooms until soft. about 3 minute
- 3Put the mushrooms and the liquid in a bowl and set aside.
- 4Add the remaining 1 tablespoons oil to skillet, and cook the shallots for 1 minute.
- 5Stir in the rice,coating it with oil, about 2 minutes.
- 6When the rice has taken on a pale, golden color, add the wine, stirring constantly until it is fully absorbed.
- 7Add 1/2 cup broth to the rice, and stir until the broth is absorbed.
- 8Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender-firm.
- 9Remove from heat, and stir in mushrooms with their liquid, butter, chives, and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gourmet Mushroom Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.6
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 25.2 mg
- Sodium 909.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 15.3 g