Recipe by Bergy
This is an easy delicious pate to serve!
Top Review by Evie*
This was one of the appetisers we had for our Christmas dinner. Very simple to make and very tasty, I didn't use as much cayenne pepper as the recipe called for, probably on 1/4 - 1/2 a tsp actually, but it still had a bite to it and everyone loved it.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 lbs mushrooms, cleaned and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream or 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cook until the mushrooms are well browned and the liquid has cooked down (about 35 minutes).
- Stir in the lemon pepper.
- thyme,cayenne& salt and remove from heat.
- Combine egg yolks with cream.
- Add 1/4 of the mushroom mixture to the egg yolks, stirring well.
- Combine yolk mixture with mushrooms in the skillet.
- Cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into a 3 cup container.
- Chill& firm.
- Serve at room temperature with crackers or slices of French bread.