Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Here's a variation on the Beef Brownies recipe. I really enjoyed them and wanted to share my super tasty improvement.
- 1 teaspoon mexican cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground dried ancho chile powder
- 3⁄4 cup ground beef, raw
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease 10x15 pan.
- In skillet, brown beef, cinnamon, and chili powder. Drain fat off, measure out 1/2 cup of mixture, and set aside.
- In large bowl cream sugar and butter.
- Add vanilla and almond extracts.
- While mixing, add eggs, one at a time.
- Into the same bowl sift flour, cocoa, and salt; mix well.
- Fold in seasoned ground beef (make sure beef is no warmer than room temperature, otherwise it will start cooking the brownie batter).
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
Oh my goodness! DH and the kids just raved about these and couldn't guess that the secret high-protein ingredient was ground beef. My 3 year old thought they were raisin brownies. Will definitely make them again as a healthy chocolate treat!