Recipe by catapea
Here's a variation on the Beef Brownies recipe. I really enjoyed them and wanted to share my super tasty improvement.
Top Review by chickenruby
Oh my goodness! DH and the kids just raved about these and couldn't guess that the secret high-protein ingredient was ground beef. My 3 year old thought they were raisin brownies. Will definitely make them again as a healthy chocolate treat!
- 1 teaspoon mexican cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground dried ancho chile powder
- 3⁄4 cup ground beef, raw
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease 10x15 pan.
- In skillet, brown beef, cinnamon, and chili powder. Drain fat off, measure out 1/2 cup of mixture, and set aside.
- In large bowl cream sugar and butter.
- Add vanilla and almond extracts.
- While mixing, add eggs, one at a time.
- Into the same bowl sift flour, cocoa, and salt; mix well.
- Fold in seasoned ground beef (make sure beef is no warmer than room temperature, otherwise it will start cooking the brownie batter).
- Bake for about 25 minutes.