Recipe by Audrey M
This recipe makes two meatloaves. Great for large crowds or good to freeze one loaf for those nights you don't feel like cooking.
Top Review by Charlotte J
This was very simple to make. I used Stove Top stuffing because that is what I had on hand. French Onion soup was what the store had so I used that. I'll keep looking for the plain onion soup, buy it and the Pepperidge brand for next time I fix this. I was able to get 5 mini loaves out of this which I baked for 40 minutes in my Pampered Chef mini loave pan. Thank you for sharing Audrey.
- 4 lbs lean ground beef (I buy a meatloaf mix)
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) canFrench onion soup
- 8 ounces Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, beaten eggs, onion soup, herb stuffing mix, salt and pepper.
- Divide meat in half and shape into loaves.
- Place into meatloaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 1/2, until meat is well-browned.
- While meatloaf is baking, mix together ingredients for the sauce.
- Pour off fat before pouring sauce over meatloaf.
- Bake 30 minutes longer.
- This recipe can be cut in half or you can freeze the second meatloaf.