1/1 Photo of Gourmet Meatloaf
1 hr 10 mins
Now I'm not a meatloaf person at all, but I saw this picture in a magazine this month and it looked incredible. I figure what the heck, I'll give it a try. I changed a few things but I'm converted - it was fantastic, gourmet according to the BF. The worst thing was I forgot to take a picture. I made it with Redskin Mashed Potatoes #126500
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs ground beef (80/20)
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb bacon, chopped into one inch pieces
- 2 large yellow onions
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- olive oil (for frying)
- parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Chop 2 onions and and 1 lb of the bacon in a large pan and a little olive oil. Cook the bacon and onions until the bacon is crisp.
- 3Chop up the tomatoes and put to the side.
- 4Chop up the basil. I rolled and cut into small ribbons.
- 5Drain onions and bacon but save the liquid to use as gravy.
- 6With a spoon mix the meat, basil, tomatoes, eggs, cooked bacon, and cooked onion, and bread crumbs in a large bowl. Adding salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Fill a 9"x13" baking pan with the meatloaf mixture. Then I sprinkled some parmesan cheese and panko bread crumbs on top adnd bake for 35 minutes, until the meat is brown all the way through.
- 8Then take the other half onion and slice and fry with bacon until crispy.
- 9Remove from the pan, leaving the grease and adding the grease saved previously, should be about 1/4 cup.
- 10Gradually add the flour mixing together well.
- 11Add water gradually and then milk.
- 12Add salt and pepper to taste, cooking to desired thickness.
- 13I served a square of meatloaf with a scoop of mashed potatoes and then some of the fried onions and then some gravy.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gourmet Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1590.5
- Calories from Fat 1066
- Total Fat 118.4 g
- Saturated Fat 42.8 g
- Cholesterol 438.2 mg
- Sodium 1579.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 89.3 g