Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
This is the way I make mashed potatoes to accompany a special meal. My family goes crazy over these creamy mashed potatoes and no matter how much I make, I never seem to have any left over. This is fabulous with beautiful cuts of steaks. You could possibly sub cream cheese mixed with sour cream for the mascarpone cheese, although I have never made them this way.. There is, of course, a recipe for mascarpone cheese substitute here on Zaar.
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 bunch scallion, white and tender green, cut into 1/2 -inch pieces (2 stalks with bulb will suffice)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup mascarpone cheese
- whole milk
- 2 teaspoons black truffle oil or 2 teaspoons white truffle oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes and scallions in a pot and add water to cover potatoes by at least one inch. Bring to a boil and strain once the potatoes are fork soft.
- Remove Scallions and discard.
- Return potatoes to pot and add butter and mascarpone cheese.
- Mash until smooth mixing in enough milk to thin to desired consistency.
- Mix in truffle sauce; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl.