Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was given to me years ago by a very good friend who was an excellent cook. I have made it over and over again. My husband loves it! I have never had it with mashed potatoes, only riced!! Great to make ahead, refrigerate, bring to room temperature and cook when needed!!
- 10 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Boil potatoes in salted water to cover until tender.
- Mash or rice potatoes.
- Whiles still hot, add sour cream, cottage cheese, onion, butter or margarine, pepper and salt, and mix well.
- Place in casserole.
- Sprinkle parmesan on top.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Recipe easily doubled.
Nice potatoes & a great way to use up some leftover ingredients. I found the consistency just a little too "soft" for our liking but thanks for posting!
Great mashed potatoes. I added a little cheddar cheese to the mashed potato mix. I loved the parmesan on top. I'll make this again; thanx!
Tasted great! The kids gobbled it up. Easy to prepare ahead of time for company.