Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This gives a wonderful taste to your grilled chicken.
- 1 package dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 package dry garlic & herb salad dressing mix (If you can't find the dry herb and/or the dry garlic you can use 2 pkgs dry Garlic-Herb dressing-I u)
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine all ingredients except chicken; mix well.
- Place chicken in shallow glass dish or large zip-lock bag and add chicken making sure chicken is coated completely.
- Chill overnight, turning several times during marinating time.
- Grill chicken slowly, turning and basting often.
I used two packages of dried Italian salad dressing mix because I didn't have any garlic & herb salad dressing mix. I followed the rest of the recipe as written other then I used chicken legs and thighs. I let it marinate overnight. I loved the taste of the skin from the seasoning.We all enjoyed this.
This is an excellent marinade recipe. It gave the chicken a wonderful flavor. I did use apple cider vinegar instead of red wine because I already had it on hand. I will definitely be using this one again. Thanks for posting!
This was really great. In the past I've used bottled italian dressing, but this was much better. I did add about a small amount of fresh chopped garlic, just because we love the stuff. I only marinated about 6 hours, and it was exceptionally good.