Prep 18 mins
Cook 25 mins
Moist, easy to make, and delicious. From Gourmet, July 2006.
- 3⁄8 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries (7 1/2 oz)
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400°F
- Put liners in muffin cups.
- Whisk together butter, brown sugar, milk, and egg in a bowl until combined well.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add milk mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fold in blueberries gently.
- Divide batter among muffin cups and bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
This recipe is fantastic. The batter has a brown-sugar and cinnamon flavor that I have yet to experience in any muffin I have made. I used dark brown sugar because that is what I had on hand. I cut the amount down from one cup to 3/4 cup and I found it to still be very sweet. Definitely one to make again.
This is the exact recipe I used except that mine called for 6T butter. I used 1/2% milk instead of whole milk and only had frozen blueberries, but the muffins turned out great. I only had a mini muffin pan and got about 28 mini muffins out of the recipe. They disappeared in a couple of days.
Wonderful muffins. The butter gives the batter a creamy texture and the brown sugar and cinnamon make this a delicious muffin. They were perfect with fresh, slightly tart, but still sweet blueberries.