Recipe by blucoat
Moist, easy to make, and delicious. From Gourmet, July 2006.
Top Review by Canadian_in_the_Bay
This recipe is fantastic. The batter has a brown-sugar and cinnamon flavor that I have yet to experience in any muffin I have made. I used dark brown sugar because that is what I had on hand. I cut the amount down from one cup to 3/4 cup and I found it to still be very sweet. Definitely one to make again.
- 3⁄8 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries (7 1/2 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400°F
- Put liners in muffin cups.
- Whisk together butter, brown sugar, milk, and egg in a bowl until combined well.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add milk mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fold in blueberries gently.
- Divide batter among muffin cups and bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.