Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
Delicious tiramisu from the leading foody magazine!
Make and share this Gourmet Magazine Tiramisu recipe from Food.com.
- For the SYRUP, combine water and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat, cool.
- Add coffee and optional brandy.
- For the FILLING, whip cream with sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Fold cream into softened mascarpone.
- ASSEMBLE a layer of the ladyfingers (or sponge cake slices) in the bottom of a shallow 2-quart baking dish or gratin dish.
- Sprinkle with half the syrup.
- Spread with half the filling.
- Repeat with remaining ladyfingers, syrup and filling, spreading the top smooth, using a metal spatula.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 24 hours before serving.
- Immediately before serving place cocoa in a fine strainer and shake a light coating on surface.
I used to make tiramisu with the eggs but wanted a recipe that didn't use eggs and also didn't involve cooking up a zabaglione. This recipe is quick to prepare & freezes well for future desserts. I made it with my grandson & he loved licking the whipped cream/mascapone cheese bowl.
Made this once and receive seal of approval from my family. I chose this one over the others just because this recipe doesn't call for any egg and I'm not comfortable eating raw egg as well. This is definitely my staple recipe when I'm making Tiramisu!!!