Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this one on the internet credited to Hickory Bridge Farm in Orrtanna, PA.
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
- 6 (8 ounce) grouper fillets, about 1 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- lemon slice (optional)
- fresh chives (optional)
- Combine cheese, margarine, mayonnaise, green onions and chives in a small bowl and stir well. Set aside.
- Place fillets on a lightly greased rack in a broiler pan. Dizzle lemon juice over fillets; sprinkle with pepper. Broil 6 inches from heat 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Remove from oven and spread tops of fillets with cheese mixture. Broil an additional 2 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.
- Remove fillets to a serving platter. If desired, garnish with lemon slices and fresh chives.
We just bought grouper for the first time and I had no idea what to do with it, so I went to RecipeZaar and looked for some ideas. After looking through a number of recipes I decided that this sounded safe and I had most of the ingredients. Well, it made me and my husband a grouper lover. I wouldn't be afraid to serve this to company or to try it on other fish. Fantastic....
I had never cooked Grouper before and was going to make this for company. So one can only hope a new recipe is edible. ***This was not only edible is was so SENSATIONAL that I think I will laminate it.*** Everyone without exception loved it. I plan to use this for other fish as well. Thank you so much for sharing this simple recipe.
Wife and I had this tonight and it was superb!! My grocer did not have grouper, so subsituted red snapper, which worked out fine. Thanks for sharing-- will keep this one front and center in my files.