Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a tasty. flavorful alternative the normal, everyday grilled cheese sandwich. I tried this at a local restaurant and made up my own "home" version. It is delicious!
- 2 tablespoons butter (preferably spreadable) or 2 tablespoons margarine (preferably spreadable)
- 4 slices bread (any kind tastes great)
- 1 tomatoes, thinly sliced (I prefer thin slices, but slice to your preference)
- 2 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 slices cheddar cheese (sharp or mild)
- 2 tablespoons philadelphia chive & onion cream cheese
- Spread about 1/2 tbsp of butter (more or less, if you prefer) on one slice of bread, and place on skillet or griddle (butter side down).
- On the other side, spread 1 tbsp Chive & Onion Cream Cheese (once again you can use more or less than the recipe calls for, just use your judgment).
- Place 1 to 2 tomato slices on top of cream cheese.
- Then place 1 slice of pepper jack cheese and 1 slice of cheddar cheese on top of the tomato slices (I don't recommend using more than 1 slice of each kind of cheese, otherwise the sandwich will be overloaded).
- Spread 1/2 tbsp of the butter on the other slice of bread and place (butter side up) on the top of the sandwich.
- Repeat for the 2nd sandwich.
- Cook until golden brown on each side & enjoy!
My son and I ate this for lunch a couple of days ago. I left the tomatoes off of his. We both really enjoyed it. It had a nice kick to it without being too spicy. DS even asked for two more before bed that evening! I think I will also try it with the vegie cream cheese spread. Thanks for a great new suggestion.