This is a tasty. flavorful alternative the normal, everyday grilled cheese sandwich. I tried this at a local restaurant and made up my own "home" version. It is delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter (preferably spreadable) or 2 tablespoons margarine (preferably spreadable)
- 4 slices bread (any kind tastes great)
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced (I prefer thin slices, but slice to your preference)
- 2 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 slices cheddar cheese (sharp or mild)
- 2 tablespoons philadelphia chive & onion cream cheese
- 1Spread about 1/2 tbsp of butter (more or less, if you prefer) on one slice of bread, and place on skillet or griddle (butter side down).
- 2On the other side, spread 1 tbsp Chive & Onion Cream Cheese (once again you can use more or less than the recipe calls for, just use your judgment).
- 3Place 1 to 2 tomato slices on top of cream cheese.
- 4Then place 1 slice of pepper jack cheese and 1 slice of cheddar cheese on top of the tomato slices (I don't recommend using more than 1 slice of each kind of cheese, otherwise the sandwich will be overloaded).
- 5Spread 1/2 tbsp of the butter on the other slice of bread and place (butter side up) on the top of the sandwich.
- 6Repeat for the 2nd sandwich.
- 7Cook until golden brown on each side & enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gourmet Grilled Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.7
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 100.8 mg
- Sodium 792.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 19.4 g