Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This spicy dish is tasty and satisfying!
- 3 poblano peppers
- 3 -4 tomatillos
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 lime, juice of
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (see above chicken marinade)
- 1⁄2 cup chevre cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chevre cheese
- Roast poblano peppers under broiler, turning frequently until skin blackens. Remove from heat and put in paper bag or covered pot to allow peppers to steam as they cool. When cool, rub or wash off blackened skin. Remove stem and scoop out seeds.
- Remove and discard any dry husks from tomatillos. Place with water in microwaveable bowl and cook on full power until tender, 3-4 minutes. Turn halfway through cooking so all sides get tender.
- Place roasted peppers, cooked tomatillos, cooking liquid, peanuts, onion, 2 tablespoons cilantro and salt into blender and process until smooth. Add additional water to desired consistency. Set aside.
- Mix together marinade ingredients. Coat chicken well with cilantro paste and let stand 15 minutes. Fry in 2 tsp oil over high heat. Remove from pan, shred and set aside.
- Fill a shallow bowl or pie pan with boiling water. Dip each tortilla in water to soften, 10-15 seconds.
- Fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup chicken and 1 tbsp chevre. Roll up and place closely side-by-side on 9-inch baking pan.
- Pour green sauce evenly over filled enchiladas, covering all tortilla edges.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup chevre on top. Bake in preheated oven at 350F until heated through, about 15 minutes (chevre will not melt).