Recipe by Cream Puff
This is a very special green bean dish for company or holiday entertaining.
Top Review by Koechin (Chef)
You have hit it out of "The Park"with this recipe! Outstanding taste and very easy. I used fresh Haricots Verts from Sam's Club and steamed them for 3 min. on high in a steaming bag. Perfect. Since I was feeding 16 I used both bags. (2 lbs) but did not change any of the other ingredients. I did add some Kosher salt. They were sooo good even before baking, that I realy think they do not need the baking. Thanks for my new favorite company recipe.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 20 ounces fresh green beans or 20 ounces frozen green beans
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, cook beans in boiling salted water only until about half-cooked; drain beans and set aside.
- Cut the bacon in small pieces and brown in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Remove bacon from skillet with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic and mushrooms to bacon fat and drippings in skillet; saute until tender-crisp.
- In large mixing bowl, combine beans, bacon and sauteed vegetables with wine and cheese.
- Place mixture in casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes.