Recipe by mostrah
This is a wonderful, rich granola...packed with flavor. Preparation is easy and kids LOVE it! (So do my parents!)
Top Review by Gingerbear
This was great!!!!!!!!! I made a huge batch of this stuff and put it in containers. I eat it by itself, as cereal or in vanilla yogurt. I cannot believe how good this stuff is and plenty of fiber too. If you like granola, you must try this recipe. Thank you so much, monstrah. I will make this one a keeper.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 7 -8 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2-1 cup raisins or 1⁄2-1 cup other dried fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter.
- Mix butter with brown sugar, salt, water, vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl In a large bowl, mix oatmeal, wheat germ, coconut and nuts and dried fruit.
- Pour butter mixture over the dry mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread on large, rimmed cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes at 325.