Been making this recipe since I was a teenager, it is very easy and tastes a million times better than a mix! These are not cake style brownies, they are very moist and gooey, chewy, chocolaty and delicious! Pecans are my favorite but you can use any kind of nuts you like, macadamia nuts are wonderful in these too.
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar and cocoa.
- Stir in the eggs, one at a time, and vanilla till just combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Pour into a greased 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Do not over bake.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.