Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Been making this recipe since I was a teenager, it is very easy and tastes a million times better than a mix! These are not cake style brownies, they are very moist and gooey, chewy, chocolaty and delicious! Pecans are my favorite but you can use any kind of nuts you like, macadamia nuts are wonderful in these too.
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar and cocoa.
- Stir in the eggs, one at a time, and vanilla till just combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Pour into a greased 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Do not over bake.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
Exactly what I was looking for. I needed a gooey brownie recipe that called for cocoa powder instead of chocolate squares. I used Hershey's Special Dark cocoa and stirred in a handful of chocolate chips instead of the nuts. Easy and fabulous. Thank you for posting!
Your description was dead on, Gourmet Girl - moist and gooey, chewy, chocolaty and delicious! I had chopped the pecans before mixing everything up, then got a phone call and forgot to put them in! They were still great! Made for the I Recommend Tag Game.
I made mine round in cake form and served as a dessert with great success - so quick and easy too !!